Thursday, March 8, 2007

In Response to the Washington Post story



After reading this article I was especially impressed with the lack of information I have been exposed to regarding the amount of soldiers who are injured both physically and psychologically in Iraq. When describing the inside of the hospital in question ( and the government leased hotel rooms that the soldiers are pouring over into) I could not believe that it was something that the United States Army had put together.

When I think about the United States Army, from what I've been told in school and on television, we are a well-oiled war machine, which dwarfs the capabilities of any other country on the planet- however when reading the descriptions found within this article, the army found here is one of continued frustration.

Should we pull the troops out by 2008? Well- we have been fighting in Iraq for longer than we were in World War II already. Judging from this article I would say for the soldiers housed in Iraqi hospitals sake I think we should.

No comments: